Playful heart

Monday 21 November 2011

The Hallyu Wave hits the UK papers

I'm never 100 % happy when my beloved fandoms enters the UK media, ever since the cosplay-expo incident. Nevertheless, the Hallyu Wave has snuck right in, landing an article in the London tabloid, 'Evening Standard'. I found out about the news here which pretty much says exactly what the actually article says here.  In this blog however, I'm going to review the article in a slightly different way.

By looking at it with a stupidly bias method to provoke absoloute insanity amongst readers.
^ That wasn't the original sentence I was going for. I actually wanted to add a really good emoticon, didn't find any on google images but did found this on page 8 while searching the key phrase "suspicious face".


Kim JaeJoong comes up on 'Suspicious Face'?
I should warn you know this blog entry will probably remain quite crazily stupid.
So anyway, I start reading the article, and with my suspicious face on I saw this. Already my bias grows tenfold.

" Every few minutes, a video camera zooms in on the action."

Damn you journalist, you're just referring to this awful camera work from the new Super Junior single... Which was also quite a disappointment as it sounded pretty much the same as their other songs....


Okay, the journalist probably has no clue about this, but I'm very pleased about my excuse to put this video in my blog. The camera work is so awful it can make one feel very sick, so please don't watch it for too long and continue reading the rest of the post to make you feel better.

We've been here about an hour now so we're quite excited," cries a young male voice through the noise. "Big Bang, yeaaah. 2NE1, ahhh," two girls then shriek at the camera, each hoping to get a place inside the tiny venue.

To be honest I see no fault here, it's pretty much true.
Fanboys, screaming girls, tiny venues... That's just how it is. In fact, I feel kinda sad for the Hallyu stars to have to under go all this screaming when they go through airports..

Infact, lets look at these two videos...

This video is what's going on in fangirl and fanboy heads when they see a Hallyu star...


This is what really happens, and believe it or not, this was one of the quieter vids...

Sometimes fans in kpop world can be really, really screechy.

Anyway, back to actually criticising for article for no good reas---
Hold on WHAT?

"K-Pop's three biggest groups - Big Bang, boy group Super Junior and girl pop rappers 2NE1 - have generated more than 45 million YouTube hits between them for their recent singles."
  
 "K-Pop's three biggest groups - Big Bang, boy group Super Junior and girl pop rappers 2NE1 - have generated more than 45 million YouTube hits"

"K-Pop's three biggest groups - Big Bang, boy group Super Junior and girl pop rappers 2NE1"

""K-Pop's three biggest groups"???
.........
LIESSSSSS

Let me correct you Miss Victoria Stewart...
Well done for writing about something you know very little about in quite a nice and honest way..
But never claim to know the three biggest kpop groups in South Korea....
Because otherwise you'll anger these crazy fans and make them chase you...



Ok, I'm just going to post this insanely late post and catch up with everything I've missed.
Sorry for the late replies,
And Miss Victoria Stewart - Thank you for writing about kpop ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!